basic command pipe question

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Sun Jun 18 21:14:33 UTC 2006

I need some basic CLI help. :-) I've googled, and read, and I can't find
how to erase a bunch of files in one go.

Specifically, I need a command that will erase *.zip files, regardless
of the text case of the .zip part....

So far, I have
    ls | grep -iE \\.zip$

That gives me the correct list of files.... but I don't know how to get
rm to process that list.. It doesn't look like rm has an option to read
the file name from stdin, it's expecting the file name as a CLI argument.

I know this is basic stuff.... I'm obviously missing some fundamental
concept of command line processing. :-)

Thanks