Undefined color: "black" on Nvidia card

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Mon Jun 19 02:16:32 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 03:29:52PM -0700, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> Google says:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-list/2006-May/msg03307.html

Thank you. That was half the puzzle. I wonder why I didn't find that
when I searched my archive? Oh, well.

Anyway, the other part of the puzzle was figuring out what to put in
the config file. I found the following in an old xorg.conf:

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.

I now have:

Section "Files"
#   RgbPath         "/usr/lib/X11/rgb"
    RgbPath         "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
    FontPath        "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Since I generated this config file when I installed the nvidia
drivers, I suspect it's an nvidia bug.