Is there a safe or easy downgrade FC5 > FC4??

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Mon Jun 19 02:53:33 UTC 2006

Beartooth wrote:
> As btth on the halfbreed desktop, I did mkdir GnomeTemp, followed by mv
> .gnome* GnomeTemp, mv .gconf* GnomeTemp, and mv .metacity GnomeTemp -- and
> then logged out and back in.
>
> It gave me gnome, and let me reconstruct my panels in detail. (I couldn't
> wait to try to find them again.)
>
> So I have all that stuff in /home/btth/GnomeTemp -- what do I do next?
> Delete it all? Sift through it somehow? Some other form of clean-up??

If you're really into detective work, you move it all back and then
try hiding just small parts of it to find out what was causing the
problem.  Otherwise, unless there is some part of your old setup
that you really want to recover rather than try to reconstruct,
just delete the whole mess.

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.