block emails with Fetchmail...

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jun 19 16:42:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 12:27 -0400, Phil top-posted:
> I am using Rquest Tracker email system... So Fetchmail gets the email
> from a pop server and delivers them locally and RT (Request Tracker)
> picks them up from the local mail folder for the user. So procmail
> would go in between the two?

Yes.

When you say fetchmail "delivers them locally", do you mean fetchmail
passes the mail on to the local smtp daemon for local delivery, or
fetchmail passes the mail on to a local mda (see fetchmail docs) for
delivery? Either can work with procmail, as long as your local smtp
daemon is using procmail for local delivery, or you use procmail
directly as the mda in fetchmail.

Paul.