Fedora Core 5 LDAP client authentication problem with Solaris 9 iPlanet LDAP Server

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Jun 19 20:07:33 UTC 2006

ay0my wrote:

> Gordon: The /etc/pam.d/system-auth is attached below. Apologize that
> I do not know what to look for in this file. Thanks for your advise.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's wrong.  It looks correct.  Are there any other
errors logged during the user's login sequence?  Perhaps in the messages
log, or in selinux's log?  If not, I'd probably either turn on query
logging on the LDAP server and see if the client is making the correct
request, or use ethereal to determine the same.