The desktop wars

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Mon Jun 19 20:48:56 UTC 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 04:32, Steven Pasternak wrote:

> We need advertising!!! Most people I've spoken to have never heard of
> linux (or suse or fedora or debian etc.). If granny knew that linux
> could bring life back into her WinME system, she would know to buy
> redhat or suse or anything not windows and $400!

This is the correspondence I had with TV Channel 5 in the UK:-

<start>
Your Reference:  VA/122479/PP (Please quote this reference in all
further correspondence)

Date: 9th March 2005

Dear Dave

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding The Gadget Show and please
allow us to apologise for the delay in responding.  This has been due to
us receiving an unusually large amount of viewer correspondence.

Your appreciative comments regarding the programme have been noted in
our Viewer Enquiries Report, which is circulated throughout the company.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

Yours sincerely

VIEWER ADVISOR

Please note that the contact details for Five Customer Services are as
follows:

Telephone:                              0845 7 05 05 05
Text telephone for use by deaf people:          0845 7 41 37 87
E-mail:                         customerservices at five.tv