System date resetting when rebooting (FC4)

Stéphane Bruno sbruno at rddh.org.ht
Mon Jun 19 22:05:21 UTC 2006

Robin Laing wrote:

> man hwclock
>
> hwclock is what I used in the past.
>
> Can also be used to test if talking to the hardware clock.

I tried to use hwclock to set the hardware clock to the system time,
here's the error I receive:

"select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out"

It is the same error I receive when booting and shutting down, when the
system tries to synchronize the hardware clock to the current date.

I repeat that this is happening to three Pentium 4 DELL PowerEdge
servers (two different models, tower and rackmount)

Please. help

Stéphane