Unofficial gdm 2.14.9 to fix autologin

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jun 20 00:36:46 UTC 2006

Jason Montleon wrote:
> I got sick of waiting for the autologin problem to get fix, as this is
> quite
> a pain for me, and made my own rpm:
> http://www.montleon.com/gdm-2.14.9-0.i386.rpm
> http://www.montleon.com/gdm-2.14.9-0.src.rpm
>
> and another user (fuxialis) compiled for x86_64:
> http://www.montleon.com/gdm-2.14.9-1.x86_64.rpm
>
> All that was done was to downlod the official 2.14.8 source rpm from Fedora
> and install, copy the gdm-2.14.9.tar.bz2 file from the projects website
> into
> /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES, change the version in the gdm.spec from 2.14.8 to
> 2.14.9 and build the rpm.  I know other were inconvenienced by this as
> well;
> you can feel free to use this in the interim to get yourself working until
> Fedora goes ahead and gets the official rpm out.
>
> R/S
> Jason

Thanks for your effort. I downgraded from the rawhide version to see if
your effort also resolved the maximum cpu usage that I'm experiencing
with both the FC5 version and the FC6T1 version.

Things remain unfixed too long for items such as gdm, firefox, etc.

Jim

--
Q:	How do you play religious roulette?
A:	You stand around in a circle and blaspheme and see who gets