PS/2 + KVM booting issue...

Gareth Howlett gpivotal at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 20 06:20:38 UTC 2006

Hey everyone,

I'm running Fedora Core 4 (updated 2.6.12-1.1447 kernel) on a system
attached to a KVM.  If the KVM has the target system selected when booting,
everything works just fine.  If the KVM has a different system selected
during the target system's boot cycle, the keyboard and mouse will not work
once the KVM is switched back to the system.

I've checked into it, the KVM is already configured to spoof the
keyboard/mouse even when a system isn't selected but it doesn't seem to be
doing the trick.

Is there any command line kernel options or any other configuration I can
set to define the keyboard and mouse instead of probing for it on boot?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
    - G.