Sane doesn't see HP5370C scanner -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jun 20 17:32:24 UTC 2006

Sane did work with this equipment under FC-4 but of course I wiped
everything out when I installed FC-5.  This morning I thought I'd like
to get the scanner working but my efforts have been to no avail.  My
notes don't indicate any unique configuration under FC-4?

Some of the indications I am seeing are as follows:

 scanimage -L
No scanners were identified.

sane-find-scanner
found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x0701) at libusb:001:002
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

lsusb -v
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 03f0:0701 Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 5300c/5370c
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x03f0 Hewlett-Packard
  idProduct          0x0701 ScanJet 5300c/5370c
  bcdDevice            0.01
  iManufacturer           1
  iProduct                2
  iSerial                 3
  bNumConfigurations      1

It appears that the computer recognizes the scanner but sane does not?

I don't know where to look next , what to do?  Nothing I have found has
been of much help.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia   w2bod