Way OT: metasend and attachments

Mike McMullen mlm at loanprocessing.net
Wed Jun 21 04:50:20 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Greshko" <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>

> http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/linux/cmd/cmd.csp?path=m/metasend
>
> Is one place that explains it all....

Thanks Ed. That's essentially the man page prettied up.

However being no MIME expert nor even a novice... ;-)

I sent myself some attachments and looked at the message sources
and cobbled this together that seems to work:

metasend -b -f My.html -m "text/html" -n -f MyWord.doc
               -m "application/msword" -D "MyWord"
               -s "Test Email" -t myname at mydomain.com

So if anyone else is as MIME ignernt as I are, use the above
substituting the appropriate content type and content description.

Additional files can be added by repeating options -n -f -m -D
for each file.

Live and learn,

Mike