kdewebdev replacing tidy?

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Wed Jun 21 09:09:43 UTC 2006

On 06/21/2006 10:18 AM, Craig White wrote:
> My FC-5 system...
> [root at lin-workstation ~]# rpm -q tidy
> tidy-0.99.0-9.20051025.fc5.3
> [root at lin-workstation ~]# rpm -q kdewebdev
> kdewebdev-3.5.2-1.0.fc5.kde

OK, did a quick try on one FC5 systems also.

First, I do not have any kde packages in my installs.

So if I, on a FC4 system, installs tidy, and then do yum update, it will
install kdewebdev, with dependencies, and remove tidy. (Just tested this
again, with the same result, tidy was replaced.)

Strangely enough it seems as if I install tidy on FC5 system, and then
do yum update, nothing will happen, tidy will still be there, and it
will not be replaced by kdewebdev.

So it seems as if kdewebdev is set to replace tidy on FC4 systems, but
not on FC5 systems. I would prefer if it did not try to replace tidy on
FC4 systems.

Think I have to take a look at the spec file...

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/