New FC5 installation Package manager can not find installation files

pansy309 at tds.net pansy309 at tds.net
Wed Jun 21 15:44:37 UTC 2006

------------------------------

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:21:42 +0100
> From: Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
> Subject: Re: New FC5 installation Package manager can not find
> 	installation files
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>

> Try here for a way of getting Add/Remove Software to work with your CD
> images:
>
> http://www.city-fan.org/tips/YumRepoFromImages
>
> I'm not sure it'll help with your modem issue though.
>
> Paul.
>
> Thanks Paul,

I am trying to wade through all of that. I sure wish they had left an option so people in my situation could start up a little easier.When I enter the mnt -r -o loop  command it cannot find the directory.  I tried inserting the cd and it still does not work.  I also added the path to the disc then the local repository with no luck.  At least it is making me remember some of what little I know about linux.   I may have to resort to getting a more newbie friendly distro.
Any suggestions

In the meantime, does anyone know how to get the modem working.  Specifically, are there modem drivers somewhere in the distro, and if so, how can they be accessed?