Accessing a printer shared from windows

Gordon Charrick gordonmc at cox.net
Wed Jun 21 21:27:05 UTC 2006

I previously had an HP 5510 all-in-one printer that worked great in both
Linux and windows. Unfortunately, it didn't work with networking so I
had to unplug it from one computer and connect it to the other to be
able to print with both computers.

Right now, I'm looking to get a new HP all-in-one printer that I can use
with both computers. I think I'd prefer to have it connected to the
windows machine and set up a share so I can access it from Linux, as
opposed to putting it directly on the network, since my network is
wireless and not many printers do wireless. I'm kind of leaning towards
the HP 6310. Any thoughts on this configuration?

Gordon