extra info - Quick PHP file_get_contents/readfile query

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 08:48:37 UTC 2006

On Thursday 22 June 2006 09:17, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> <? # vim: ft=php ai et tw=0
> header('content-type: text/xml');
> header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"adoptions.xls\"");
> $file=file_get_contents('/home/httpd/uploads/ADOPTIONS.xml');
> echo $file;
>
> #readfile('/home/httpd/uploads/ADOPTIONS.xml');
> exit;
> ?>

If I choose save as instead of open and look at the 2 files, the one produced
using readfile is 6323 bytes long while the one using echo (tried print too)
is 6774 bytes long. 6323 is the size of the original file.

The problem appears to be that using the echo method it's back-slash escaping
quotes.  Anyone know how to stop this?
--
Gary Stainburn