yum updates

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Fri Jun 23 20:34:15 UTC 2006

Leon wrote:
> Tom Spec <samag70-ignore at yahoo.ca> writes:
>
>> One concern I have though, is that I do think it's important to install
>> critical security
>> related patches in a timely manner.  Is there a way for me to watch only for
>> security related
>> updates to packages and just apply those?
>
> Not automatically.
> But it's a critical feature for yum to have. I don't know why not
> more people are complaining.

No one complains because the functionality is already there. Simply subscribe
to the fedora-package-announce list to get package update announcements, then
whenever there's a security update for a package, just run `yum update
package-name` (or if using Pup/Pirut, just only check those ones in the
update).
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail