Installing Fedora booting from a floppy disk ???

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jun 23 23:28:19 UTC 2006

Endre Szabo wrote:
> Hello
>
> As I cannot boot from cd, is there any way to boot
> from a floppy disk then use the cds to install?
>
> Thanks
> Endre

Is the problem that the BIOS does not support booting from CD, then
you may want to download
http://ebcd.pcministry.com/download/oldbios.exe and make a boot
floppy that will let you boot from CD on systems that do not support it.

If the problem is that the system does not have a CD-ROM drive, it
gets harder. If you can boot from a USB drive, there is an install
image on the CD/DVD. From the README file:

The diskboot.img file is a VFAT filesystem image that can be written
to a USB pendrive or other bootable media larger than a floppy.
Note that booting via USB is dependent on your BIOS supporting this.
 It should be written to the device using dd.

Mikkel