OT: PHPMyAdmin Problem

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Jun 24 14:16:17 UTC 2006

Chris Maiden wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sometimes when I insert or delete a table row I get directed to usr.com
> the US Robotics website appears in the right frame while my tables are
> still listed in the left frame...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> In my comfig I have - $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] =
> 'usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpmyadmin/';
>
> I have also tried $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] =
> 'usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpmyadmin';
>
> The first part of the path is usr - but why I am getting this behaviour
> I don't know

The problem is that the value is NOT supposed to be the path to the
files. It is supposed to be the URL to the files. In other words,
what you would put in the web browser to get them. You usually do
not need to put anything there, but if you do, it would be something
like http://localhost/phpmyadmin. You get redirected to the US
Robotics page because your browser is seeing that you want a
directory on server usr and is taking you to http://www.usr.com.

> Also
>
> I am running FC5 on my HP NX8220 and it doesn't come out of sleep - I
> just get a black screen - I am pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL to re-boot...

I am not sure about the fix on this one. What happens if you hit
Ctrl-Alt-F1 and then Ctrl-Alt-F7? The system is coming out of sleep,
but the video is not being restored. On some systems, you have to
change to a VT before going to sleep, and changing back to X after
waking back up. I have not looked into how to set this on FC5 yet.

Mikkel