FC6t1 vs FC5

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Jun 24 20:15:02 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 13:55 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> Is there any real difference between FC-6 Test 1 and FC-5 updated?

> Here is the announcement which has the details
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-
> June/msg00010.html
>
> Here is a review
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=499

Actually, there seems very little difference to me.
For example, it mentions KDE-3.5.3 as one of the new things in FC6t1
but I seem to have that on FC5 from fedora-extras.

> PS: fedora-test list is better suited for test release discussions.

Agreed, but I think I was responding to articles about the test version
on this newsgroup/mailing list.

Actually, I would try these test versions if it were not for the warning
that it may not be possible to upgrade to FC6 from them.
I wonder if this warning is really necessary?
I have had no problem upgrading from test versions in the past.
I mention this because I feel many more people would run the test versions
if it were not for this disclaimer.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366