FC5 kernel update to 2.6.17-1.2139_FC5 causing USB broadband problems

William Murray W.J.Murray at rl.ac.uk
Sun Jun 25 11:05:08 UTC 2006

> > Don't complain to the list when you know the cause and have a
> > work-around. File a bug report so that the developer knows that
> he/she
> > screwed up.
>
> I plan to. I just want to know if it has affected anyone else first.

Yes! My USB modem doesn't work. It connects (with eciadsl) and seems
to set up a route properly, but the 'host' command fails immediately
after and then it locks up, 100% solid. Needs to be powered down by
hand, and I have reverted to an earlier kernel.

  And I didn't see a 'known cause' here. Knowing the kernel causes
trouble is hardly 'know the cause'
           Bill