switching to 2.6.17 dependency problems

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jun 25 15:05:53 UTC 2006

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 25/06/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> Looking at the yumex queue, I see:  damn, copy/paste does not work
>>
>> kernel
>> kernel-devel
>> kernel-doc
>>
>> all for 2.6.17-1.2138, then
>>

> That's odd - the latest kernel is 2139 - I suggest you find a more up
> to date mirror of the updates. Then the livna kernel modules will be
> in sync with the latest kernel.
>
> Jonathan

Ok mirrors quasi synched & 2139 seems to now be available.

But:Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package kmod-ntfs needs ntfs-kmod-common = 2.1.26, this is not available.
Package kmod-ntfs needs ntfs-kmod-common = 2.1.26, this is not available.

But:
[root at diablo sbin]# rpm -q ntfs-kmod-common
ntfs-kmod-common-2.1.26-3.lvn5

So things are not yet in synch.

This is the default yumex setup AFAIK.

--