Cooperative Bug Isolation for Fedora Core 5

Ben Liblit liblit at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 26 04:26:40 UTC 2006

I wrote:
> Nothing is ever sent until you confirm that you want to participate,
> which is a one-time thing that looks a lot like this:
> <http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/learn-more/privacy/first-time.png>.
>
> Once you've confirmed that you want to participate, reports are sent
> automatically after all runs, whether they crash or not.

Oops, I should also point out that you can *stop* participating any time
you want.  You can stop permanently by going back to official Fedora
packages, of course.  You can also temporarily suspend reporting at any
time, either for individual applications or for everything all at once.

The top of <http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/learn-more/privacy/> ("Your
Computer, Your Choice") has some more information and a few screen shots
showing how you can check what CBI is doing and turn things on or off on
the fly.

We prefer that you leave CBI on all the time, and just continue to use
your machine normally.  But ultimately it is *your* machine, so we keep
you in charge.