Creating bootable zip disk

Chong Yu Meng chongym at cymulacrum.net
Mon Jun 26 07:44:04 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a bootable 750MB Zip disk which I can use to test
out different kickstart configurations. I downloaded the first CD ISO
image for FC5 and transferred it to the zip disk using 'dd', like so:

dd if=FC5-xxx.iso of=/dev/hda

I confirmed that the files were all on the disk and then I set the BIOS
to boot from the internal ATAPI Zip 750 drive, and restarted the
computer.

On boot, I could hear the Zip drive being accessed and the LED came on,
however, it stopped after a while and continued booting from the HDD.

I checked the Zip disk again, and the files that should be there are
there.

Can someone help me out? Is there a special operation I have to do to
make the Zip disk bootable?

Thanks in Advance!
--
Pascal Chong
email:  chongym at cymulacrum.net
web:    http://cymulacrum.net
pgp:    http://cymulacrum.net/pgp/cymulacrum.asc

"La science ne connaît pas de frontière parce que la connaissance
appartient à l’humanité. et que c’est la flamme qui illumine le monde."

-- Louis Pasteur