new to Fedora

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Mon Jun 26 14:39:03 UTC 2006

Hi Abid;

On Sun, 2006-25-06 at 18:38 +0000, Abid Ghufran wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have just joined the Fedora mailing list.

> First, is Fedora a product of RedHat, just as RedHat Linux was?

Answered by others.

> Second, is the software for Fedora updated just as it used to be for
> RedHat Linux?

Answered; use yum, yumex or pup.

> Third, where can i get the support/documentation for Fedora?

As a new user, the best, clearest documents explaining
Linux/RedHat/Fedora are at:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/

I have downloaded the RHEL4 - i386 manuals.  I refer to them all the
time.  Fedora Docs has some Fedora specific doc's eg. for SElinux.
Refer to those doc's first.  After that, use the above.  If you still
don't have an answer, you will have enough understanding to ask a cogent
question on-line.

That is what I suggest.  It has worked for me.

--
Regards Bill