Wireless Card Trouble ipw220

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 23:14:38 UTC 2006

On 26/06/06, Paul Ward <pnward at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am now getting closer however I can not bring up the wireless interface,
> everytime I use ifup eth1 I get FAILED
> I am using KDE at present and have tried the control panel wireless added my
> sid but it is not doing anything.
> Does anyone know where I go from here?

Are you sure this device is eth1 and not eth0? I recently setup a
laptop with an ipw2200 (i.e. not the card you have, which is the 2100)
where for whatever reason it was appearing as eth0.

If i was you I'd try configuring using system-config-network, a gui
configuration tool which mostly gives good results.

[You could also look at NetworkManager - you need to start it in
system-config-services to have it running. I have only used this with
Gnome though, I am not sure if it works inside KDE - others on the
list, or the list archives may know.]

HTH
Jonathan