Kernel 2.3.17-1.2139 bcm43xx support?[Scanned]

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 27 01:07:15 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 18:41 -0600, Jamie Wilch wrote:
> I too am having trouble.  I can get it to view the AP with iwlist, but
> it will not connect.
> I'm still trying to figure it out, but meanwhile, I've installed
> ndiswrapper and that works just fine.

On 2139 ndiswrapper seems to detect wifi networks fine. My new AP isn't
in yet so I don't know if it will actually connect. I have seen with
2138 and bcm43xx that it can not connect to an AP without authentication
and goes into a loop losing all the previously detected wifi networks.
I'll do some more elaborate testing when hopefully this week my new AP
gets delivered. So far I have only used wpa_supplicant, NetworkManager
and NetworkManagerDispatcher.

Regards,
Patrick