Screen Resolution

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jun 27 01:55:04 UTC 2006

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>>
>>    Hi Folks,
>>
>>    I'm having a bit of a problem with setting X to use a higher
>> resolution.  Under Winblows, this monitor, a Viewsonic Graphics Series
>> G810, can run 1280x1024 just fine.

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-June/msg00449.html
>
> I have not tried the steps yet myself. It appears that reducing the
> needed settings in the xorg.conf is being considered.
>
> Jim

Two things to add. I tried commenting out the lines on a laptop with
radeon and am able to get the proper resolution. The second point is
that the change was pushed into the xorg-x11 updates for FC5.

If you are having issues with not being able to get the proper
resolution, maybe commenting out the lines as in the example linked to
above would help.

Jim

--
Of course I use Microsoft. Setting up a stable Unix network is no
challenge.

    -- From a Slashdot.org post