several discrepancies with new -2139 kernel.

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 04:11:29 UTC 2006

On 6/26/06, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Ed Greshko wrote:

> >> I started at:
> >>
> >> http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=s-002&h_query=DV5320US+&submit.x=10&submit.y=3
> >>

> >> And it seems that the;
> >>
> >> HP Pavilion zv5300 Notebook PC series
> >>    HP Pavilion zv5320us Notebook PC
> >>
> >> Is what you have?
> >>
> >> That got me to:
> >>
> >> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=433743&lang=en&os=228
> >>

> >> Does that help?
> >>

> > Only if its applicable to  DV5120US.
>
> Well, it seems that DV5120US applies to multiple systems.  But, it seems
> that the tech specs on the zv5320us Notebook PC match what you say you
> have...an AMD processor.  Go look at the specs for that PC and see if it
> yours.  There are other identifying numbers that can be used to verify it.

No, no.  The zv5000z is a much different system.  It has an nVidia
chipset and graphics card, whereas Gene's dv5000z has an ATi chipset.

Aha, it seems Gene's is a dv5120us as stated above and not a dv5320us
as he first reported it.  Try this link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&y=0&x=0&product=1841871&dlc=en&os=228

You can also use the generic dv5000 CTO link like this one:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&y=0&x=0&dlc=en&product=499849&os=228

The BIOS at the bottom is the same.

> > And I  did find that tree, thank you.  Unforch it appears I'll have to
> > reboot to XP to access the site, so I bookmarked it.  But that leads to
> > how in heck do I transfer that bookmark to XP & its ntfs file system?
>
> You write it to a text file and put it on your USB flash disk or another
> system that you can then access from XP?

Or email it to yourself.  Or there is an Ext2 driver for Windows that
works well if you have a non-LVM install on Ext3.  Google knows about
them ;)

Jonathan