iftab is not working for me

Ambrogio fn050202 at flashnet.it
Tue Jun 27 10:37:29 UTC 2006

Hi all,

after upgrading kernel to 2.6.17 I have a change in binding network card
with alias eth0 eth1. This is because now there is a bcm43xx driver
working in the kernel.

I used iftab (read in some messages on list) to make the association
static after reboot, but it don't work for me.

My iftab is:
eth0    mac     00:16:36:20:ce:52
eth1    mac     00:16:ce:1b:14:68

from lspci
eth0 is
00:04.0 Ethernet controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS900 PCI Fast Ethernet (rev 91)
eth1 is
00:0b.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)

At boot time eth0 and eth1 are inverted. After removing bcm43xx module, eth0 becomes as I want.
I read other messages about initscript or something like that, that is in development.

iftab is enough, or I need to install the new initscript?

tnx a lot
 Ambrogio