rkhunter runs twice -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jun 27 11:04:21 UTC 2006

Joe Klemmer wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>

>>                    How can I configure things so that rkhunter only
>>                    runs once each morning?
>>

> 	Have you checked to make sure there aren't 2 entries for the script in
> the cron dirs?

                    I'm sure that was the problem although I didn't see
                    where the second [cron] call was made, the point is
                    moot however since now it only runs anacron about 65
                    minutes after boot instead of at 04:02 and 04:07.  I
                    can live with that.  I get an e-mail every morning
                    for reassurance that rkhunter detects nothing and a
                    list of required updates, the two most interesting
                    functions.

                    Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia   w2bod