Dual Boot Problem in Fedora 5

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Jun 27 17:24:14 UTC 2006

On Tue June 27 2006 12:56 pm, James Kosin wrote:
> Mitsuho Iizuka wrote:
> > I had a same problem on the same environment. It seems
> > something wrong in the FC5 installer. I guess manual grub
> > boot loader setup must be required as follows.
>
> I had the same problem also, maybe we should check to see if
> there is a BUGZILLA entry for this.  This is too many people
> with the same problem. It may be a problem with us installing
> on a second hard-drive with the primary one tied up for
> another OS.
>
> -James

Any chance you guys had a different distro on those drives that
used LILO instead of GRUB? I ask because I've had periodic
problems overwriting a LILO boot record on the MBR, and have had
to try again - I googled many references to the issue with some
recommending fairly drastic solutions. In my case, I once had to
use a Windows boot disk or recovery console to run fixmbr; on a
couple of other occasions, a simple retry was all that was
required.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA