how to block internet access for particular user on FC3

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jun 27 18:11:45 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 17:21 +0300, peter kostov wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 23:24 +0100, Paul Ward wrote:
> > If you use iptables remember to use the iptables-save to keep your
> > changes when you are happy it works.
> Yes, today I noticed that the changes I made yesterday are not saved
> after the computer was shut down. I made the same changes again and
> changed the line:
> IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_STOP="no"
> IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_STOP="yes"
> in  /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config
>
> The other way to do the same, I think is:
> services iptables save
>
> I think, iptables-save does  only a backup, that if written to a file
> can be used  with iptables-restore to get to the saved state again.

Well, if you do "iptables-save >/etc/sysconfig/iptables", then the next
reboot will restore them as the iptables startup script executes an
iptables-restore command using /etc/sysconfig/iptables as the data
source.

-         If this is the first day of the rest of my life...         -
-                        I'm in BIG trouble!                         -