LaCie USB/Firewire external drives

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jun 27 20:29:15 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 15:55 -0400, Margaret_Doll wrote:
> Have you had good luck using LaCie - Big Disk Triple Interface external
> drives with Fedora?

I've used the USB and firewire bits on the Terastations and they work
fine.  My experience indicates that the system can be slow writing to
them over USB...but I've seen that with other USB media and I suspect
it's more a problem with the usb_storage module than the LaCie.  I
could be wrong there, but that's my guess.

- ...Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror -
-                      and you'd be on your own, pal!                -