how to block internet access for particular user on FC3

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 28 05:04:17 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 17:21 +0300, peter kostov wrote:
> Yes, today I noticed that the changes I made yesterday are not saved
> after the computer was shut down. I made the same changes again and
> changed the line:
> IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_STOP="no"
> IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_STOP="yes"
> in  /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config

If you'd used the Gnome security level GUI to change your iptables, it
probably would have "saved" the configuration at the time.  I seem to
recall that it worked that way.  I don't know about other GUI tool
behaviours.

If you just added iptable rules via the command line, it just modifies
what it's doing at the moment, you'd have to deliberately save them, as
well.

I read messages from the public lists.