FC and Spam

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 28 12:11:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 06:48 -0400, Randy Vice wrote:
> Is there a specific reason why FC is not setup, by default, with some sort
> of spam control that is preconfigured?

I'd have to wonder how you'd do that for a default.  There's a plethora
of ways that people use mail, not to mention opinions about handling
spam.

Your system may be a mail server, and you could set up spam filtering on
it.  It may just be a machine used by clients, and the clients could
individually make use of spam filtering.  It maybe a server with clients
using it, and you'd like system-wide spam filtering, with additional
user controls.

Personally, I'd like a system where we could all pay a small fee to flog
a spammer in a public arena.

Line on the left, one whip each...  Next!

I read messages from the public lists.