network problems with kernel-2.6.17-1.2139_FC5

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 12:19:37 UTC 2006

George Avrunin wrote:
> I've just updated to the 2139 kernel and I'm encountering some network
> problems.  Connections inside my department seem fine but connections
> to anywhere outside (other departments on campus, the rest of the
> world) lock up after some fairly small amount of traffic.  The
> problems disappear if I reboot back into the 2133 kernel.

This link might help: http://kerneltrap.org/node/6723.

If it does, then note that "fixing" your box may impair its network
performance.

Hope it does,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | ... boxing the books up was a mistake: they are
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | welded to the floor through the power of gravity.