Torrent client suggestions

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 17:41:58 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 17:33, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest a good torrent client? I use Fedora Core 5. The the
> > python Bittorrent is fast and light, but gives me corrupted video
> > files when its done. Azerus give me perfect files, but it sucks the
> > life out of dev/testing box to the point where the display takes
> > minutes to wakeup after it goes to sleep from lack of use.
> >
> > Suggestions of something inbetween would be nice.
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> Azureus can be throttled quite easily.  Man is your friend.

Which brings me to a very puzzling situation.  I have just been downloading
using azureus.  I could change the upload and download speeds easily, and the
requested settings were reflected in the actual speeds within a short time.
However, our LAN is still having some problems with it.  Whenever azureus is
running, either here on FC4 or on an XP box, all the other users of the
network get very many time-outs.  You may or may not be able to get an
Internet connection, though often it will be the page that has timed out.
Fetchmail times out constantly.

I really would like to solve this puzzle.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anne