html mail in kmail reply

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Thu Jun 29 05:18:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 03:25, "Mike Cohler" <mike.cohler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to "reply" to an incoming email in
> kmail (kde) such that the quoted material from the original text
> remains in html format ?
>
> At present if say a table of figures which is nicely formatted is
> received in an html mail, and a reply is sent then the quoted text
> from the original email is plain and not html - this really munges the
> nice formatting and irritates the recipient quite often.
>
> It would be nice to have the facility to choose whether or not to
> reply in html in this situation.

Due to the way email works, it's pretty much all-or-nothing.  If your using
HTML in the composer, you should be able to keep HTML in-tact.  Usually, it's
best to avoid HTML if at all possible.  If you need to keep the original
message completely in tact, forward it as an attachment.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/