Spam Filter

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 29 05:50:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 09:06 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Since we are on the subject and I have removed my reply to let me
> throw in a further kink. Now there is no way to easily send to the
> original sender of the message. Reply to sender sends to the list
> since it is the list that appears in the reply to: clause.

It looks like the short answer is to get a better mail client,
unfortunately I've not found one on Linux.  I've found Evolution to be
the lesser of evils of GUI mailers.  Thunderbird treats everything as
HTML mail, even if pretending it's plain text (just look at how it
re-renders plain text replies, etc.).

You probably want one with specific reply options of:
      * Reply normally (the "reply-to", falling back to the "from" if
        there is no "reply-to").
      * Reply to list (useful for lists that don't munge headers, but
        also provide specific list headers).
      * Reply to "from" address, regardless.

The longer answer is try and and badger the Evolution developers to add
a feature, though I don't fancy your chances.  I've seem some very old
bugs go unaddressed in their bugzilla.

Alternatively, it supports plug-ins, and it might be possible to add one
that way, though I've no information about how.

I've always just hand-edited the "to" address for the odd occasions that
I've wanted to reply in a different manner.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.