scan epson 3490

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Fri Jun 30 10:33:57 UTC 2006

At 18:52 29/06/2006, you wrote:

>Bonjour,
>
>I try to have this scanner epson 3490 photo working under FC4.
>
>I installed iscan from http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/
>
>sane-find-scanner gives:
>
><snip>
>found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0122 [EPSON
>Scanner]) at libusb:001:004
></snip>
>
>then scanimage -L:
>
>device `snapscan:libusb:001:004' is a EPSON EPSON Scanner1 flatbed scanner
>
>OK.
>
>now when I run iscan, I get a small dialog box: "scanner is being
>initialised" and the led on the scan blinks green slowly.
>
>After a while, everything fails: "unable to send a command to the
>scanner. Verify your scanner"
>
>And the led on the scan blinks red....
>
>That's all.
>
>who can help me?
>
>I run FC4 x86_64.
>
>thank you.
>--
>François Patte
>UFR de mathématiques et informatique
>Université René Descartes
>http://www.math-info.univ-paris5.fr/~patte
>
>--

François,

I've got a vaguely similar problem with my Epson
Perfection 2450. See bug number 186766 for the work around I discovered.

Would it be of any use to you to try the same
work around with your system? Depends upon
whether or not you've got an old PC or USB card
available that has USB1.1 only, or a motherboard
like mine that lets you set the USB version in the BIOS.

Please let me know if you get anywhere with this,
and add to the bug report if it helps you at all.

Dave F