Fedroa Core 5 Java

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 11:41:50 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 18:35 -0700, Jeanette Russo wrote:
> Can someone please help me troubleshoot why my
> broswers are not using Java vm.
>
> I installed the RPM's from Sun and they installed fine
> and I can see them load when the machine boots.
>
> But neither Firefox or Opera are using the java.Fedora Core 5 Installation Notes

> I am a kind of new user returning after being away
> from Linux for the last 4 years

Fedora Core 5 Installation Notes

<chuckles> I was away for 5...
Use that one to the 't' and get the bin file not the rpm. I cut N paste
the examples and it worked without a hitch, as long as you use the .bin
file.. the .rpm didn't work for me and after re-reading the instructions
he says to use the .bin file. I bet that is the problem. Ric
p/s All linking does it to place a file or directory where your program
expects to find it, that points to where it actually is. So...
ln-s /opt/jre1.5.0_07/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so
link     where it is  ^^^^^            where you want it to appear ^^^^^

It's ln -s        with a space. Darn editor wanted to wrap it.