Connecting to Windows Network via VPN

Fred Erickson frederickson at iname.com
Fri Jun 9 02:58:15 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 18:15 -0500, Bill Polhemus wrote:
> Fred Erickson wrote:
> > Have you tried Terminal Server Client.
> >
> I have no idea what that is. Sounds like a Windows client app. I repeat:
> I want to connect a Linux client to a Windows Server host.

The Terminal Server Client application in FC4 (if installed) is located
in the Internet folder on both KDE and Gnome. Attached is a snapshot of
the open window. You need to know the name of the remote computer, and
an authorized user name and password. When you connect from a Linux
machine, it looks very much like it does when you connect from a Windows
computer. You will be presented with the same log on as if you were
sitting in front of the remote machine. You may have to adjust some of
the screen and other settings for optimum operation but the defaults
should get you in.

Fred Erickson