aiglx weirdness

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 02:51:50 UTC 2006

Ug.

I followed these intructions here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/AiglxOnFedora

Now all of my apps (all users) in gnome/kde/etc look like the attached.
Some stuff re-appears on scroll/mouseover - some of it doesn't.

1 - is there a way to remove/downgrade by repo via yum?  I don't see
anything like that in the docs.

2 - anyone else seen this?

A real bummer - FC5 has been rock solid for me up to this point.  I just
*had* to muck things up, didn't I?

Also - just to confuse things even more - I (before aiglx) started down this
path:
http://ghaefb.rebootcomic.com/?page_id=41

I didn't do it all as root, I didn't muck with the control-center RPM, and
I'm pretty sure I removed all of the proto stuff and other libraries with
'make uninstall'.  I've also kept a copy of my original xorg.conf - all
seems well there.

I've done enough damage for today - If a solution isn't apparent tommorow
I'll try a fresh install and then do the aiglx update - just to see if
that's the culprit....

Thanks,
Chris

PS - FC5, nv 6800 (nvidia's driver), smp (intel D)