Folder sorting in Thunderbird

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Jun 24 03:11:14 UTC 2006

	This has been an annoyance for a while now but I've been forgetting to
comment on it.

	A couple of releases ago the RH/FC line of distros went from the sane,
reasonable sorting of {Numeric, Uppercase Alpha, Lowercase Alpha} to a
very annoying {Numeric, Case Insensitive Alpha}.  Fine and dandy, the
fix is supposed to be to have -

LC_COLLATE=C

stashed somewhere.  I have it in ~/.i18n and also exported in
~/.bash_profile for good measure.  When I do an ls I get the correct
sorting.  Midnight Commander and Nautilus also see everything fine.  But
Thunderbird doesn't want to play.  See attached image (it's just a hair
under 36K).  So...

	Does anyone know how to get T-bird to display the folders in the sort
order that I would like them to be in?  I'll take any help I can get.

TIA,
Joe