Kademlia on aMule always firewalled

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Thu Mar 2 04:41:28 UTC 2006

Paul Smith wrote:
> The port 4662 is forwarded and I temporarily stopped my firewall, but
> no progress. Any ideas?

Have you checked that you have port 4662 udp enabled? Since amule is a
direct port of emule to linux, it should ask you for two ports, one for
tcp (traditional emule protocol) and one udp, for the Kademlia protocol.
If it doesnt work, you can do some digging with strace.. Run amule with
strace -o output_file amule . Let it try to connect, then search for
"bind" or "open" on that file. That should tell you exactly what ports
amule is trying to bind (connect) to.

--
Pedro Macedo