want to build automated install cds

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Mar 2 23:58:06 UTC 2006

Jasper, Chris wrote:

> 8. boot my target computer from that boot cd
>
> The target computer boots off the cd but does not seem to read the
> ks.cfg file as it asks me all the regular install questions instead of
> getting the answers from the ks.cfg file.
>
> Is this the correct procedure?

How are you telling Anaconda where to find the kickstart file? You need
to specify it on the boot commandline, and I don't see that you updated
the isolinux configuration.

You can test what to enter with your existing CD:
linux ks=ks.cfg
and the variations thereon. The file can be in the initrd file, on the
CD outside the initrd (inside your virtual floppy or outside, I think),
on a floppy, hard disk (including, presumably, USB), and then there are
network options.

--

Cheers
John