From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 6 10:01:16 UTC 2006

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

>Well, I think what we need is 'Select All', 'Deselect All', combination
>selects (Like a shift-start-end (list), or a control-select/deselect type
>of functionality so that it makes it MUCH easier to choose from a list.
>This is what some professional OS vendors supplied and it is VERY useful.

File a RFE against Anaconda in http://bugzilla.redhat.com if its not
possible already.

>The current method used by package managers is very lame, unthoughtful,
>and poor use of installer's production time, need I go on?

Specific bugs and feature requests is more constructive than calling
things lame or unthoughtful. When you are evaluating a test system,
thats the efficient way to provide feedback.

> Proviving
>little "bells and whistles" in this case is well worth it IMHO esp. when
>your boss is breathing down your neck and expects you to install and
>configure a development system in 60 seconds flat. :-)

Its far more efficient to use the Kickstart system to fine tune the
configuration in a easily automated fashion when there is a requirement
on install or customizing a development system in a quick manner.

--
Rahul