E2FSCK: cannot continue, aborting & root device changed to /dev/root

Lauri lauri at ruja.ee
Tue Mar 7 20:47:51 UTC 2006

Hi!

With latest kernel (2.6.15-1.1833_FC4) I get error during boot:

   E2FSCK: cannot continue, aborting

Nothing else is sayed, only entering root password is offered to
manually "fix" the problem. The filesystems are clean and this doesn't
exist with previous versions of kernel (e.g 2.6.15-1.1831_FC4).

For some time I also have a problem which vame with linuxconf. It says
that the root device had been changed to /dev/root and pauses the boot
for about a minute (gives an option to go to linuxconf configuration
mode and "fix" this).

Running FC4 with linuxconf 1.34 (subrev 3).

Lauri