Samba problem needs translation

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Mar 10 19:37:26 UTC 2006

On Friday 10 March 2006 19:17, Craig White wrote:

> what do you get from 'testparm -s|grep wins' ?

testparm -s|grep wins
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[Public2]"
Processing section "[Anne-Public]"
Processing section "[Spreadsheets]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[print$]"
Loaded services file OK.
Warning: Service printers defines a print command, but print command parameter
is ignored when using CUPS libraries.
        wins support = Yes

The last line was put in after a google session that suggested it would cut
down on messages regarding one box, saying they should be referred to a wins
server.  It didn't.  I should have taken it out again.  Do you think this is
the problem?

I can't do anything about the mis-configured box causing those other messages,
so I have to just block them from the logs.

Anne