OT - convert m$ access files to openoffice base

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Mar 11 01:52:16 UTC 2006

kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com wrote:
> Anyone know of a reliable way to convert m$ access data to openoffice base?

I tried and did not have positive results with the process.
Openoffice.org MSwindows and Openoffice.org for Linux had different
database structures when I tried. The tables converted somewhat on the
windows side but did not function on the Linux side.

They might have some solutions for compatibility from OS to OS. I tried
when the openoffice.org-base package first premiered.

The most success that I had was when exporting the tables to excel and
then exporting the spreadsheets to openoffice.org format. I stopped the
attempt since it seemed quite a bit more of a challenge than expected.

If anyone has met with success when trying to convert MSaccess DBs over
to Openoffice.org-base (windows-bound) and then over to Linux, I am
interested in this possibility also.

Jim

--
To err is human; to forgive is simply not our policy.
		-- MIT Assasination Club